Castem server forum

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stop Creative mode!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dakedak

PostSubject: Stop Creative mode!   Sun Mar 11 2012, 09:19

So, I'm not the only one thinking this, but I feel that the roleplay-idea is quite gone. Whenever I go on the server there are people flying in creative mode. I'll not say you can't use creative mode for some things, but please when you need materials for something, roleplay and buy them! Don't use creative mode, even for big things. I think there are too much people who were given creative mode and I think that we should go all survival again.

Also, there are people spawning creepers with creative mode. I want that to stop too.

I came here for roleplay, but now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HungrySloth

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   Sun Mar 11 2012, 12:11

I have noticed some but probably not as much as you because of time zones and stuff.

Yeah it is annoying, I mean ok, if it's something really important say for the Lore(that's if you's were going ahead with that idea) thats cool but if its only someones house than that is completely different, just do what dakedak said buy it or if your character has the skills for it (no metagaming remember Wink ) mine/chop/gather it yourself don't use creative mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlackCat

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   Sun Mar 11 2012, 18:57

Another thing (correct me if I am wrong):

People CAN'T read someone's job next to the name when someone speaks to them! It is METAGAMING! You can't know someone's job unless:

1) He has told you about it. (in-game)
2) He said he is wearing a specific uniform so that people could know his profession. (chat-room)
3) You SEE him do something that would give away his profession. (e.g. mining, killing a pig etc.)

I see many people metagame this way and I must say it is not pleasant. I came to this server to RP, not to waste my time with some who don't know how to RP! Also, in one case it completely ruined my experience (I won't point fingers) and made me furious with his/her behaviour! I think that there needs to be some sort of guide into this site which explains how to RP, to prevent any further inconvenience. This server has great potential and it is a pity that few ruin the experience for others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dakedak

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   Sun Mar 11 2012, 19:34

TheBlackCat wrote:
Another thing (correct me if I am wrong):

People CAN'T read someone's job next to the name when someone speaks to them! It is METAGAMING! You can't know someone's job unless:

1) He has told you about it. (in-game)
2) He said he is wearing a specific uniform so that people could know his profession. (chat-room)
3) You SEE him do something that would give away his profession. (e.g. mining, killing a pig etc.)

I see many people metagame this way and I must say it is not pleasant. I came to this server to RP, not to waste my time with some who don't know how to RP! Also, in one case it completely ruined my experience (I won't point fingers) and made me furious with his/her behaviour! I think that there needs to be some sort of guide into this site which explains how to RP, to prevent any further inconvenience. This server has great potential and it is a pity that few ruin the experience for others.

Please, can you send me the names of people who metagame? I will try to solve this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HungrySloth

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   Sun Mar 11 2012, 22:11

Ok I think we should change the application form to something like this:

Ig Name:

Character's Name:

Character's Backstory:

Character's Personality:

Character's Skills:

Anything else you would like us to know:

Using this application would help people know what their skills are e.g. They can mine coal, iron and gold but they haven't mastered mining gold so it takes them longer than usual.

It also helps people know the character's personality

Just an idea but it would help us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlackCat

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   Mon Mar 12 2012, 09:26

I think that is a great idea! But those who have already applied? Hmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HungrySloth

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   Mon Mar 12 2012, 09:59

Yeah I was thinking of that so I came up with a couple of options:

1. just forget about it and let them stay on

2. redo the application with that template

3. same as number two but people that latias, and other admins/mods trust don't have to redo it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlackCat

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:09

As far as I know, applications for robbers will be open soon. Maybe everyone should re-apply for the server at the same time. And maybe this could be expanded and make everyone re-apply for jobs this time. I think it could be more feasible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop Creative mode!   

Back to top Go down

Stop Creative mode!
Page 1 of 1